Saturday, September 22, 2012

It's Going To Be a Great Weekend

post signatureLast night, we made a last minute change of plans and decided to go out to eat.  This is the first weekend of the school year in which we have not had company and have not been sick.  Just the three of us!

When we got home it was dusk and the whole ride home Toph kept asking if we could play baseball in the backyard.  We got out of the car and didn't even go inside to put our stuff down.  We picked up the ball, glove and bat and got down to business.

My child is going to be a great athlete, and right now he shows a particular interest in baseball.  Don't you dare put the tee in front of him to practice t-ball, no no.  You must pitch it to him so he can hit it "real high."  We pitch underhanded to him and more times than not, he knocks that ball pretty far.

We had been playing for about 15 minutes when he stepped right out of his shoe.  We sat in the middle of the grass to put his shoe back on, giggling together.  Out of the blue, he leans down and lays a kiss on my shoe.

I was like, "Dude, did you just kiss my shoe?"  You know the tone, trying to sound halfway disgusted because we don't kiss shoes. But it was really quite cute.

In response he says, "My love you mommy."

*my eyes well with tears*

I respond, "I love you too, buddy."

He says, "Can you pitch the ball, mommy?"

And I did.  Heart full, we played baseball until it got dark.

That was the start of our weekend.  It's going to be a great one.

2 comments:

Mama Up! said...

Awe, that was just too sweet. With a boy on the way, both of us have worried that it's all destruction and trucks but this post gives me a bit of something nice to look forward to!

Bekah said...

precious!

Home